Essential Oil Profile (139 Kb)
Pelargonium graveolens – Hormone regulator and tonic
Anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, diuretic, digestive tonic, immune stimulant, hormone regulator/balancer, lymphatic stimulant, cicatrisant, haemostatic, astringent.
- Enhances: Balance, calmness, digestion, contentment, healing, clarity of thought.
- Reduces: Stress, premenstrual tension, Menopausal problems, depression, trauma, bleeding.
- Circulatory system: Oedema, varicose veins.
- Lymphatic system: Cellulite.
- Nervous system: Depression, anxiety.
- Immune system: Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Skin: Oily skin.
- Reproductive/endocrine: PMS, menopause.
Methods for use
- Massage: Use no more than 10 drops in 50mL of massage oil base. Complementary oils may be added up to a total of 25 drops.
- Aromatic Bath: Add 5-10 drops in water, agitate to disperse.
- Vaporiser: Use 8-1- drops in vaporiser dish.
Flowers, stalks, leaves.
Method of extraction
Considered non-toxic and non-sensitising however some cases of dermatitis in hypertensive patients have been reported.