Essential Oil Profile (139 Kb)
Lavandula angustifolia – Restorative tonic
Analgesic, antidepressant, antiseptic, calmative.
- Enhances: Comfort, healing, calmness, relaxation, balance, spirituality
- Reduces: Stress, depression, insomnia, tension, migraine, PMS, painful menstruation, panic, shock
Analgesic, anticonvulsive, antidepressant, antimicrobial, antirheumatic, antiseptic, calmative, cholagogue, cordial, deodorant, emmenagogue, hypotensive, nervine, restorative, sedative, sudorific, tonic.
- Integumentary system: Eczema, dermatitis, cuts, wounds, bruises.
- Skin: Dry, mature, sunburn, scars, stretch marks.
- Reproductive/endocrine: PMT, difficult/painful periods.
Methods for use
- Massage: Use no more than 10 drops in 50mL of massage oil base. Complementary oils may be added up to a total of 25 drops.
- Aromatic Bath: Add 5-10 drops in water, agitate to disperse.
- Vaporiser: Use 8-10 drops in vaporiser dish.
Fresh flowering tops.
Method of extraction
Non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitising.