Essential Oil Profile (139 Kb)
Melaleuca alternifolia – Naturally first for first aid
Antiseptic, antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, restorative, circulatory stimulant.
- Enhances: Healing, cleansing, stamina, vigour.
- Reduces: Coughs, colds, flu, infections, inflammation, respiratory problems.
- Integumentary system: Acne, boils, wounds, blisters, effects of chicken pox.
- Skin: Insect repellent.
- Musculoskeletal system: Bruises.
- Respiratory system: Colds, flu.
Methods for use
- Massage: Use up to 25 drops in 50mL of massage oil base. Complementary oils may be added up to a total of 25 drops.
- Aromatic Bath: Add 5-10 drops in water, agitate to disperse.
- Vaporiser: Use 8-10 drops in vaporiser dish.
- Direct Application: May be applied to small cuts and abrasions. Larger areas may be covered with sterile gauze that has been lightly wetted with Tea Tree oil.
Leaves and stems.
Method of extraction
Steam or water distillation.
- Non-toxic and non-irritant but possibly sensitising to some users.
- Non-oxidising (non-irritating) if kept in amber bottles.