Essential Oil Profile (139 Kb)
Cymbopogen citratus – Morning heart starter
Analgesic, antiseptic, digestive tonic, antidepressant, sedative, deodorant, general tonic.
- Enhances: Awareness, clarity of thought, concentration, rejuvenation, vitality.
- Reduces: Depression, mental exhaustion, nervousness, stress.
- Digestive system: Colitis, flatulance, indegestion, sluggish liver.
- Musculoskeletal system: Bruises, sciatica, sports injury, skin tone, poor circulation.
- Nervous system: Depression, study aid, concentration, nervous exhaustion.
- Integumentary system: Acene, tinea, excessive perspiration, open pores.
- Other uses: Insect repellant – mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, lice.
Methods for use
- Massage: Use up to 25 drops in 50mL of massage oil base.
- Aromatic Bath: Add 5-10 drops in water, agitate to disperse.
- Vaporiser: Use 8-10 drops in vaporiser dish.
Fresh and partly dried leaves.
Method of extraction
Non-toxic but may cause dermal irritation or sensitisation.